Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pregnancy over 40

Currently, i am 42 years young. I have never been pregnant and spent years of unsuccessful fertility treatments; to be let down time after time. It started taking a toll on my body and wearing me down.

My husband and i turned to adoption. We are the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy that will be three in a few months. We've had him since he was not quite 5 months old.

We'd love to adopt a sibling for him; but with the unfortunate economy it makes it a little rough. Adoption can be very expensive.

I gave up on the idea of getting pregnant or of even trying after so many disappointments. Needless to say - it's been a long 9, 10 months or so that my poor husband has been without.
Yes, that is pretty personal - but the point i'm trying to make is that - after trying so many times and being disappointed - you come to a point where you just don't care anymore.

I have made a decision to once again try though. If it's my last chance to try and get pregnant than i owe it to myself to try again. I'm not getting any younger and the odds have already been stacked against me with having PCOS, being morbidly overweight and being over 40.

I read about a herb called Chasteberry. I'm going to purchase some of that and give it a try. It's suppose to help regulate menstruation, help with ovulation, hot flashes, depression and is also a antioxidant.

Many doctors try to discourage women from getting pregnant after 40. If your in good health - and everything is still working - it shouldn't matter what your age is.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=e38824630f6d908362ea9f00374b27b6 ss_blog_claim=e38824630f6d908362ea9f00374b27b6